Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich will be played tomorrow and will kick-off at 8.45pm. The second leg match in the 1/4 finals of the Champions League will be played at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu in Madrid.
The 1-2 home defeat of Bayern Munich in the first leg puts the Germans in an all or nothing position for the return match. For Real Madrid it is the perfect opportunity to stay in the race for a record 12th Champions League victory.
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Betting Tips, Predictions and a Champions League Preview can be found below, including line-ups and kick-off time.
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Preview
Real Madrid has everything going for them at the moment. Apart from the well deserved 1-2 win over tonight’s opponent Bayern Munich, Los Galacticos scored a very late winner in their last match in LaLiga away at Sporting Gijón. The current form of Zidane’s men is perfectly reflected by the stats: just one loss and 2 draws in their last 15 matches. Los Blancos can finish this stretch of important matches coming weekend when they face rivals Barcelona in El Clásico.
Cristiano Ronaldo and his team mates will have to face Bayern Munich without Welsh international player Gareth Bale. Also unavailable are central defenders Pepe (ribs) and Varane with a hamstring injury.
Bayern Munich are in their worst period of all season. In their last 4 matches the Germans lost twice (Hoffenheim away and Real Madrid at home), won once (Borussia Dortmund) and drew last weekend versus Leverkusen.
Tonight Ancelloti’s men have only one option for their match: attack! Fortunately for Bayern coach Ancelotti his main striker Robert Lewandowski is recovered from an injury and is available to play. The same goes for defensive rock Mats Hummels, he might also be fit enough to play. My opinion is that Ancelotti started too many of his veterans in the first leg. Starting Ribery, Robben, Lahm and Alonso is just too much. Let’s see if players such as Douglas Costa and Joshua Kimmich will get a chance tonight.
Javi martinez will have to sit this match out due to the red card he picked up in the first leg versus Real Madrid. Doubtful are Jerome Boateng (adductor) and Mats Hummels (ankle).
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Predicted Line Ups
Real Madrid: Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo; Kroos, Casemiro, Modrić; Isco, Benzema, Ronaldo.
Bayern Munich: Neuer; Lahm, Alaba, Hummels, Boateng; Alonso, Vidal, Thiago; Robben, Ribéry; Lewandowski.
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Betting Tips
– Real Madrid have scored at least once in their last 54 matches.
– Real Madrid have scored at least once in their last 34 Champions League matches.
– Real Madrid has won 34 of their last 40 Champions League matches, drew 4 and only lost twice.
– Real Madrid has not kept a clean sheet in all of their 9 Champions League matches this season.
– Real Madrid has scored a total of 24 goals in 9 matches in this year’s Champions League, and have at least scored 2 goals in each of them.
– Bayern Munich has at least conceded 1 goal in 7 of their last 8 Champions League matches.
– Bayern Munich has kept a clean sheet twice in all 9 Champions League matches this season.
– Bayern Munich has scored 2 or more goals in 6 of their 9 Champions league matches this season.
– In 6 out of 9 Bayern matches in the Champions League this season Both Teams to Score landed.
– In 9 out of 9 Real Madrid matches in the Champions League this season Both Teams to Score landed.
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Betting Predictions
After last week’s home defeat Bayern Munich is forced to at least score twice. Taking into consideration how good Ancelotti’s men can be, Bayern seems one of the few teams around to pull this off. Robert Lewandowski’s return will certainly boast the German attack, and I back him to find the net tonight. I also wouldn’t count the Germans out yet, and depending on the betting odds, a small stake on Bayern Munich to qualify might also be worth a look at.
As regards to a prediction on match goals, this is a difficult call. If we take head-to-head as a benchmark: 8 from the last 15 Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich matches ended over 2,5 match goals. Over 2,5 match goals landed in 7 out of Bayern Munich’s last 9 Champions League matches, and in all 9 of Real Madrid’s matches in the Champions League.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid to win 7/5 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 2,5 match goals 2/5 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 2-1 at 9/1 with Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Sergio Ramos to score anytime at 9/2 with Bet365.
Real Madrid will officially be without their Welsh star player Gareth Bale following reports on BBC. The captain of the Welsh football team could be replaced by Lucas Vázquez or if Zidane chooses for a more defensive approach by Isco.
In the meantime on the official Real Madrid website, a short article including a video was posted about Cristiano Ronaldo’s three braces against Bayern Munich in previous editions of the Champions League.
A little reminder of the past. The epic penalty shoot out in the Champions League of 2011/2012, that send Real Madrid packing against Bayern Munich in front of a home crowd:
— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) April 18, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017