Real Madrid vs Barcelona, also know as El Clasico, will be played tonight at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu in Madrid. The match between the two European giants will kick off at 7.45pm BST, and is the 174th time both clubs meet in LaLiga.
The contrast between the two clubs couldn’t be bigger. Real Madrid is looking to secure the title in LaLiga tonight, and is still in the running to win another Champions League. Barcelona must win tonight to keep their hopes alive of at least winning the Spanish title in what could end in a terrible year without any silverware for the Catalans.
El Clasico Predictions, Preview, Betting Tips can be found below in this Premier League Preview & Predictions guide.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona: El Clasico Preview
After an enormous midweek match in the quarter final of the Champions League versus Bayern Munich, Real Madrid will be in great spirit. Real Madrid has it all in their own hands.
Currently leading LaLiga with 3 point ahead of Barca and one match in their hands, not losing will be the most important assignment for Real. This season Los Blancos have only lost twice in 31 LaLiga matches, away at Valencia and away at Sevilla. At their home ground, Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Real Madrid seems invincible this season. The team has only drawn 4 out of 16 matches, and won the rest of them.
Real Madrid possibly will have to cope in El Clasico without their Welsh star player Gareth Bale who still suffers from an ankle injury. It will take a late fitness test to assess if Bale can start. Zinedine Zidane will certainly not be able to field Varane and Pepe due to injuries.
The result of tonight’s El Clasico will highly determine how Luis Enrique will be remembered as a Barcelona coach. If his team loses tonight in El Clasico, he will not only finish without any prizes to celebrate, but he also leaves a questionable heritage. Barcelona already for months now don’t look anymore like the dominant team that rules the world with crazy attacking football. It’s more of a team that desperately needs an injection of young top talented players, hungry to win titles and cups.
In the past praised for their attacking way of defending, putting pressure on the ball high on the pitch, it is the same strategy that seems to turn against them recently. To be able to play that style of football you need a team in complete harmony, and if it only fails ever so slightly you will end up with huge amounts of space behind the last defensive players. Space you can’t allow top teams such as PSG, Juventus or Real Madrid play in.
Barcelona will be without suspended Brazilian striker Neymar who sits out a ban thanks to a red card. On top the Blaugrana will be without the injured Mascherano, Aleix Vidal and Rafinha. Especially the absence of Neymar will hurt Barcelona, as Paco Alcacer isn’t really fitting into the Barcelona side.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona Predicted Line Ups, Kick-off time
Teams: Real Madrid vs Barcelona
Competition: LaLiga 2016/2017
Date: Sunday, 23rd April 2017
Kick off time: 19:45 BST / 20:45 CET
Stadium: Estadio Santiago Bernabéu (Madrid)
Real Madrid: Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo; Kroos, Casemiro, Modrić; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo.
Barcelona: ter Stegen; Umtiti, Alba, Piquet, S. Umtiti; Rakitić, Busquets, Iniesta; Alcacer, Messi, Suarez.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona Betting Tips
-Real Madrid has only lost twice in 31 matches in LaLiga this season.
-Real Madrid is unbeaten at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu this season in LaLiga.
-Real Madrid matches in LaLiga saw over 2,5 match goals land in 25 from 31 matches.
– Real Madrid has not lost at home game (16 matches) this season in LaLiga.
– Real Madrid has kept a clean sheet in only 2 of their last 16 matches this season.
– Real Madrid has kept a clean sheet in 8 of their 31 LaLiga matches this season.
– Real Madrid matches went over 3,5 match goals in 12 out of 31 LaLiga matches this season.
– Barcelona has lost 4 out of 32 matches in this season’s LaLiga.
– Barcelona has scored at least once in 30 out their 32 LaLiga 2016/2017 matches.
– Barcelona has kept a clean sheet in 12 of its 32 matches in LaLiga this season.
– In the 32 Barcelona matches this season in LaLiga, over 2,5 match goals came in 23 times.
– Barcelona matches landed over 3,5 match goals in 15 of their 32 LaLiga 2016/2017 matches.
– Barcelona has scored 1 or more goals in the last 22 editions of El Clasico.
– Cristiano Ronaldo holds the record of scoring in the most consecutive matches between Real Madrid and Barcelona with 6 matches.
– Lionel Messi is all time topscorer of El Clasico with a total of 21 goals in all matches between Real Madrid and Barcelona.
– Lionel Messi is record holder when it comes down to assists, he delivered 13 last passes.
El Clasico Betting Predictions
All the El Clasico previews and predictions point towards goals, and I fully agree because it’s all backed up by statistics. Real Madrid (82) and Barcelona (91) are the two top goal scoring teams in LaLiga. Real Madrid ALWAYS scores, and in the majority of the times more than once. One thing Real Madrid also almost always does is concede a goal. Only 2 out of their last 16 matches Los Blancos managed to keep a clean sheet. Barcelona, despite being in a unusual bad streak, either scores at least 2 or 3 goals or doesn’t score at all. Similar to Real Madrid, Barcelona doesn’t keep a clean sheet that often: 4 times in their last 20 official matches.
My main betting prediction will be over 3,5 match goals. I think Barcelona will understand the importance of this match, and if the team has any respect for parting coach Enrique they will try to go all out to win this match. Although a short price, I also fancy Both teams to Score & over 2,5 Match Goals to land.
Free Betting Tips
Barcelona to win is 21/10 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 3,5 match goals 10/11 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: yes is 4/11 at Bet365.
Both teams to Score & over 2,5 Match Goals
Both teams to Score & over 2,5 Match Goals: yes is 4/7 with Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Sergio Ramos to score anytime at 5/1 with Bet365.
What time does Real Madrid vs Barcelona kick-off?
Good news for all Zinedine Zidane and all Real Madrid supporters, Gareth Bale will be sufficiently recovered from his injury to play in tonight’s El Clasico:
— Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadriden) April 21, 2017
This is what Estadio Santiago Bernabéu looks like on the morning of El Clasico, how different things will be tonight:
— Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadriden) April 22, 2017
A little reminder of what kind of impact Cristiano Ronaldo has made for his team Real Madrid in previous editions of El Clasico:
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017