Norwich and Brighton will meet tonight at 7.45pm (UK time) at Carrow Road for what could be Brighton’s most celebrated match of this season. One more victory separates Brighton from winning the title in the Championship 2016/2017, and a streaky Norwich side looks to be the perfect opponent to achieve this. On top: Norwich officially doesn’t have anything to play for.
Norwich vs Brighton Predictions, Preview, Betting Tips can be found below in this Championship Preview & Predictions guide.
Norwich vs Brighton Preview
Norwich City is at the end of a disappointing season in which their main goal, promotion into the Premier League, has been wasted. The Canaries are officially out of contention for a play-off spot, which leaves them three more league matches with nothing to play for. A real bad run form Irvine’s boys, starting mid February, ruined any hopes of playing again against teams such as Arsenal or Liverpool. The Canaries will get a penultimate chance tonight to entertain their home crowd with a good display, to not let this season end on a complete low.
Brighton & Hove Albion
Brighton clinched promotion to the English Premier League in last Monday’s match versus Wigan via a 2-1 home win, and tonight can put the cherry on the cake. A victory at Norwich would win them the title in the Championship 2016/2017, without having to depend on Newcastle’s result. Brighton is in the best shape of all season, 7 wins from their last 8 matches including 4 clean sheets is something to show for. The timing of this run is also perfect, right at the moment when its most needed: at the end of the season.
Brighton might unconsciously not be 100% focused to win this match. If Newcastle wins their match on Monday against Preston North End, and the Seagulls spill points at Norwich, they have a chance to clinch the title next week, at their own American Express Community Stadium in front of a crazy home crowd.
Norwich vs Brighton Predicted Line Ups, Kick-off time
Teams: Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion
Competition: The Championship
Date: Friday, 21st April 2017
Kick off time: 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Stadium: Carrow Road (Norwich)
Norwich City: Ruddy; Bennett, Martin, Ivo Pinto, Dijks; Dorrans, Howson, Pritchard; Naismith, Jerome, Josh Murphy.
Brighton & Hove Albion: Stockdale; Hünemeier, Bong, Bruno Saltor, Dunk; Stephens, Kayal, Knockaert; March, Murray; Hemed.
Norwich vs Brighton Betting Tips
– Norwich have found the net at least once in 15 of their last 17 matches.
– Norwich has only lost once in their last 10 home games in the Championship.
– Norwich has kept a clean sheet in only 3 of their last 20 matches this season.
– Out of the last 20 Norwich matches, 14 times Both Teams to Score came in.
– Brighton has won 7 of their last 8 Championship matches.
– Brighton has kept a clean sheet twice 21 times all its 43 Championship matches this season.
– Brighton has scored 1 or more goals in 23 of their last 26 matches this season.
– In 5 out of the last 12 Brighton matches Both Teams to Score landed.
Norwich vs Brighton Betting Predictions
If we look at current form, and in particular the way Brighton has played under huge pressure, it’s hard to look past predictions of a Brighton win at Carrow Road. On the other hand there is Norwich that always has it in them to beat any opponent on any given day in the Championship. Add to this the fact that Brighton, in case Newcastle does its job this weekend, can win the title next match at home versus low ranked Bristol City. Also a very attractive perspective for the Seagulls.
The first match between the two teams in November of 2016 resulted in a huge 5-0 victory for Brighton. This was the first since 2002 that Brighton managed to beat Norwich, so it’s clear the head to head statistics are in favor of Norwich. My main betting predictions are not regarding the result, but on the number of goals. Over 2.5 match goals should be on the cards, similar to both teams scoring in this match.
Free Betting Tips
Brighton to win is 2/1 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 2,5 match goals 13/20 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: yes is 4/7 at Bet365.
Both teams to Score & over 2,5 Match Goals
Both teams to Score & over 2,5 Match Goals: yes is 10/11 with Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Glenn Murray to score anytime at 7/5 with Bet365.
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017