Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund kicks off at 7.45pm (UK time) tonight at the Stade Louis II in Monaco. Before the quarter finals started considered the favorites, Borussia Dortmund has a huge task ahead to keep their Champions League campaign going. After a disappointing 2-3 home defeat versus Monaco, the Germans are in a must win situation and are even forced to score multiple goals if Monaco finds the net. Monaco, Lique 1 leaders, is determined to continue their stellar run in this year’s Champions League.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund Betting Tips, Match Preview, Predictions and a Champions League Preview can be found below, including line-ups and kick-off time.
Recommended Betting Tips
Monaco to win 21/10 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: yes 1/3 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 3,5 match goals is 4/5 at Bet365.
Monaco to win 3-1 at 18/1 with Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Mbappé-Lottin to score is 5/4 with Bet365.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund Match Preview
Monaco will go into the second leg of this quarter final of the Champions League loaded with confidence. The team has an amazing season both in the French Ligue 1 and the Champions League, only losing 4 of their last 35 matches. Apart from being one of the most scoring teams in Europe, the Monaco defense also has stats to show for. Although they do not keep a clean sheet that often, in only 4 out of their last 26 Monaco had to conceit more than 1 goal.
Tonight it will be most important to not have themselves surprised by Borussia Dortmund, and get an early goals against. Monaco play-maker João Moutinho and his team mates will be without injured Sidibé, Carrillo and Boschilia versus Borussia Dortmund.
The current Borussia Dortmund squad is not the same any more as under the reigns of Jurgen Klopp. The team still plays great attacking football, but are very inconsistent in their results and in their goal scoring. More often than not it is because of missed goal scoring chances that Dortmund loses. It is often all or nothing, which is underlined by the fact that the Germans only have 1 draw in their last 16 matches. This also makes them such a dangerous opponent for Monaco, with the likes of Reus and Aubameyang the team possesses an enormous goal threat.
Although nothing is impossible, I think that winning with a 2 goal margin at Monaco will be too hard a task. In an interview with the BBC, Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel was very optimistic about their chances.
Borussia Dortmund will be without injured star player Mario Gotze. The same goes for Bartra, who was a victim of the shocking attack on the Borussia Dortmund player bus before last week’s encounter, and is out with a fractured wrist.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund Predicted Line Ups
Monaco: Subašić; Raggi, Glik, Touré, Fabinho; Jemerson, João Moutinho, Lemar; Bernardo Silva, Falcao, Mbappé.
Borussia Dortmund: Bürki; Piszczek, Papastathopoulos, Schmelzer, Raphaël Guerreiro; Ginter, Bender, Kagawa; Weigl, Dembélé, Aubameyang.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund Betting Statistics
- Monaco has scored at least 1 goal in their last 27 matches.
- In 11 out of Monaco’s last 15 matches both teams to score landed.
- Monaco has only lost 4 out of their last 38 matches in all competitions.
- Only 2 out of Monaco’s last 17 matrches went under 2,5 match goals.
- Borussia Dortmund has scored at least 1 goal in each of their last 12 matches.
- Borussia Dortmund only managed to keep 1 clean sheet in their last 5 matches.
- In 4 out of the last 5 Borussia Dortmund matches both teams to score came in.
- Borussia Dortmund has only won 2 of their last 5 matches.
— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) April 18, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017