Best Sportsbook to bet on EPL
Middlesbrough vs Arsenal will kick off tonight at 8.00pm at a sell out Riverside Stadium. Relegation candidate Middlesbrough will be trying to grab one of their last lifelines to stay in the English Premier League. Opponent Arsenal needs a good result not to lose more ground in their bid for a Champions league ticket next season. Read more for Middlesbrough vs Arsenal Predictions and Betting Tips in this Premier League Preview.
Middlesbrough vs Arsenal Preview
Middlesbrough has hit a bad stretch at a very bad moment in the season, and it remains to be seen if a couple of Easter eggs will turn out to be a game changer. With only 7 matches left for Boro it is crucial to win matches and find their way back up in the Premier League standings. Steve Agnew will need to pull a rabbit from his hat tonight for his team to be able to surprise Arsenal. Their defense is too weak versus good opponents, and their attack is too powerless to find the net regularly.
From how things look now, Middlesbrough will be without injured players Fábio, Friend, Chambers and Ramirez.
The Gunners are in a similar position as Boro, only at the top end of the table. Also in a horrible streak, the Gunners lost 5 of their last 7 Premier League matches, Wenger needs a win to stay at the helm and avoid more mutiny among the fans. Coming off an away trashing at Crystal Palace, the Gunners need to focus on getting their best players, Ozil and Sanchez, the ball as often as possible and get them involved in the game. If they manage to do so, it is very likely they’ll return to London tonight with 3 points in the bag.
Arsenal will not be able to include Ospina, Santi Cazorla and Pérez into their squad for tonight due to injuries. Petr Čech is in the squad, and although Ospina is out, it is not certain he will be a starter. Koscielny will most likely start tonight’s match despite some injury woes.
Middlesbrough vs Arsenal Predicted Line Ups
Middlesbrough: Valdes; Friend, Gibson, Bernardo, Barragan; Clayton, Roon; Downing, Ramirez, Traore; Gestede
Arsenal: Čech; Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Xhaka; Chamberlain, Ozil, Sanchez; Giroud
Middlesbrough vs Arsenal Betting Tips
- Middlesbrough have not won a match in their last 7.
- Middlesbrough have scored 12 times in their last 15 matches, and only 3 in their last 7.
- No goals have been scored by Middlesbrough versus Arsenal in their last three encounters.
- Middlesbrough has not lost to Arsenal in their last 4 home encounters versus the Londoners.
- Arsenal has lost 5 of their last 7 Premier League matches.
- Matches including Arsenal have seen 13 out of the last 15 times over 2,5 match goals.
- Arsenal has kept 5 clean sheets in their last 15 Premier League matches, and only 1 in their last 5.
- Middlesbrough vs Arsenal went over 2,5 match goals only once in their last 8 match-ups.
Middlesbrough vs Arsenal Predictions
The most recommended betting tips for the Middlesbrough vs Arsenal match are predominantly based upon the hope Arsenal will get their stuff together tonight. Middlesbrough’s recent home form is terrible, and especially versus top 6 teams they get heavily outperformed. On paper Middlesbrough looks to be the perfect chance for Wenger’s men to getting back to winning ways.
An Arsenal victory by at least 2 goals would be an expected result. Although Arsenal’s defense doesn’t keep a clean sheet very often, Middlesbrough’s poor striking power should provide a good opportunity for Arsenal to win without conceding.
Free Betting Tips
Arsenal to win 4/7 at Bet365.
Arsenal -1 is evens at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 2,5 match goals 7/10 at Bet365.
Arsenal to win 2-0 at 15/2 with Bet365.
Following a press conference from Arsene Wenger, it seems very likely Arsenal will start tonight’s match versus Middlesbrough including the likes of Petr Cech and Laurent Koscielny. In case Cech won’t be able to play, he will be repalced by Emi Martinez.
Lucas Perez and David Ospina are definitely out of the Arsenal squad.
In the meantime Steve Agnew showed his sympathy for Arsene Wenger by stating in an interview with the Evening Standard he understands how difficult the job of a manager can be in the Premier League. Nothing worse than colleagues showing sympathy, often this means they want your job.
A blast from the past with Thierry Henry firing a free kick in the top corner versus Middlesbrough:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) April 17, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017