Leeds United vs Norwich City kicks off at 4.00 BST and will be played at Elland Road in Leeds. In the penultimate match for both teams this season it is just Leeds that has something to play for.
In a perfect world Leeds United can still reach a play off spot. Norwich City, with their deplorable away record, should be a beatable opponent before travelling to relegated Wigan for their season finale.
In this Leeds United vs Norwich City preview we have collected match statistics, our predictions and best free betting tips.
Leeds United vs Norwich City Preview
It is fair to say that Leeds United blew it all in their last 8 games. Just 2 victories and 2 draws is not enough in the final stage of the season. Instead of already being certain of a play off spot, Leeds needs 2 wins from 2 matches to keep their hopes alive. First up is Norwich in what is the last home game of Leeds this season.
The Canaries have a hard time getting results on the road. Although winning in their last away game at Preston, they only have 2 wins in their last 16 away matches. With nothing on the line it remains to be seen how they will fare at Elland Road.
Due to injuries Norwich will travel to Leeds without Wes Hoolahan and Alex Tettey. On a positive note: coach Irvine can count on Timm Klose, who is due to return to the Norwich line up.
Leeds United vs Norwich City Match Details
Teams: Leeds United vs Norwich City
Competition: Championship 2016/2017
Referee: T. Harrington
Date: Thursday, 29th April 2017
Kick off time: 15:00 BST / 16:00 CET
Stadium: Elland Road (Leeds, West Yorkshire)
Leeds United vs Norwich City Line-Up Predictions
Leeds United: Green; Jansson, Bartley, Ayling, Taylor; Pablo Hernández, Roofe, Phillips; Ronaldo Vieira, Wood, Doukara.
Norwich City: Ruddy; Bennett, Martin, Ivo Pinto, Dijks; Dorrans, Howson; Pritchard, Naismith, Nélson Oliveira, Murphy.
Leeds United vs Norwich City Betting Tips
- Leeds United has lost 3 of their last 15 home games in the Championship 2016/2017.
- In the last 8 matches of Leeds, 2 times both teams to score landed.
- Leeds United matches ended over 2,5 match goals in 7 out of their last 15 matches.
- The Peacocks have netted one goal or more in 11 of their last 15 games.
- Norwich City has only won 2 out of their last 16 away games.
- From the last 15 Norwich matches, 11 times both teams to score came in.
- Norwich matches landed over 2,5 match goals in 10 from their last 15 games.
- The Canaries at least found the net once in 13 of their last 15 matches in the Championship.
- Chris Wood is top goalscorer in the Championship with 25 goals, of which 17 times it was the first goal for Leeds.
Leeds United vs Norwich City Betting Predictions
Taking into consideration the current form of Leeds, one has to fear for a good result. If you look at their home form, things at once look different. The team is strong at home, although often winning by the smallest margin, they barely lose.
Norwich is the opposite on the road to Leeds at home. The Canaries barely win a match away from home, and thank their 8th place in the standing to a good home form. I can’t see past a Leeds United home win, and that’s my betting tip.
An other bet to have a look at is Chris Wood to score first. The top goalscorer of the EFL Championship 2016/2017 has netted 25 times so far this season, of which 17 times as first goalscorer. Amazing statistic, and also one of the better betting predictions.
My best betting tip for Leeds United vs Norwich City:
BACK LEEDS UNITED TO BEAT NORWICH AT 6/5 WITH BET365.
Leeds United vs Norwich City Betting Tips & Odds
Number of Goals in Match Prediction
2 or 3 Match Goals is 1/1 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: no is 5/4 at Bet365.
Chris Wood to score fist is 11/4 at Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Leeds to win 1-0 is 17/2 with Bet365.
Leeds United coach Garry Monk previews their home match versus Norwich City on LUTV:
— Leeds United (@LUFC) April 28, 2017
Match predictions for Leeds United vs Norwich City with Pontus Jansson:
— Leeds United (@LUFC) April 28, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017