Espanyol vs Barcelona Betting Tips & Predictions – LaLiga 2016/2017 Preview
Espanyol will host their big neighbors Barcelona tonight at their RCDE Stadium in Barcelona. The Catalan derby is scheduled to kick off at 7.45 BST and should provide of a great spectacle. Barcelona is in the middle of a title race with Real Madrid, and Espanyol’s season is already considered successful if they beat Barcelona.
Espanyol vs Barcelona Preview
Los Periquitos are at the end of what can be called a steady catch up race. After a horrible start of the season, the team won once in its first 9 matches, Espanyol had climb their way back up the ladder. This now results in a position where even European Football could be on the cards. Currently 9 point shy from 6th spot, Flores and his team still has a mathematical chance of claiming a Europa League ticket.
Obviously Espanyol will be the heavy underdog, especially after their 4-1 trashing in their first time out versus Barcelona this season. But also they will be thinking back to that memorable night in November of last year. As underdogs, basically similar to any team visiting the Camp Nou, Espanyol miraculously managed pull of a 0-1 win at Camp Nou. Yes it was just for the Catalan Cup, but hey, it’s still a win against one of the biggest clubs in the world.
From how things look now, Espanyol will have rather little injury problems. Apart from Álvaro Vázquez and Ó. Duarte, coach Flores has a fit squad to pick from.
The Blaugranas might have found their form back right at the moment when it’s needed most. With 4 more matches to play, Luis Enrique’s men are in a position they need to win them all. Currently equal in points with Real Madrid and a better goal difference, the reigning champions still have one match in their hands. In other words: Barcelona’s title dreams completely depend on Real Madrid to spill points.
The last 3 matches, apart from tonight’s match at Espanyol, shouldn’t give too much trouble. Clubs like Las Palmas or Eibar are more or less without any chance and also Villareal at home should not cause any trouble. At best these matches should provide of opportunities for Lionel Messi to increase his total number of goals scored this season and become the Pichichi.
Barcelona welcome Neymar back into their squad. The Brazilian has served his suspension and is again eligible to play. Luis Enrique does have some injury problems as Mathieu, Rafinha and Aleix Vidal are still out. On top Iniesta is to hurt to be part of the squad tonight.
Espanyol vs Barcelona Line Up Predictions & Kick-off time
Teams: Espanyol vs Barcelona
Competition: LaLiga 2016/2017
Date: Saturday, 29th April 2017
Kick off time: 19:45 BST / 20:45 CET
Stadium: RCDE Stadium (Barcelona)
Referee: Alberto Undiano
Espanyol: Diego López; Reyes, Aaron Martín, Marc Navarro, José Jurado; Javi Fuego, Víctor Sánchez, David López; Caicedo , Piatti, Gerard Moreno.
Barcelona: ter Stegen; Umtiti, Alba, Pique, Sergi Roberto; Rakitić, Busquets, Iniesta; Neymar, Messi, Suarez.
Espanyol vs Barcelona Betting Tips
- Espanyol won 4 of their last 8 matches in LaLiga this season.
- Espanyol was victorious in 5 of their last 6 home matches this season.
- Los Periquitos have scored at least once in 10 of their last 11 matches.
- Espanyol has kept 2 clean sheets in their last 11 LaLiga home matches.
- Matches including Espanyol went over 2,5 match goals in 3 out of their last 10 LaLiga matches.
- Barcelona has lost 4 out of 33 matches in this season’s LaLiga.
- Barcelona has scored at least once in 32 out their 34 LaLiga 2016/2017 matches.
- In 12 of its 34 matches in LaLiga this season Barcelona has kept a clean sheet.
- Barcelona matches this season in LaLiga went over 2,5 match goals came in 25 of 34 times.
- Barcelona matches landed over 3,5 match goals in 16 of 33 LaLiga games.
- Lionel Messi is currently top goalscorer in LaLiga with 33 goals.
- Espanyol’s top goalscorer is Gerard Moreno with 12 goals.
Espanyol vs Barcelona Betting Predictions
The Catalan derby this edition will be all about Barcelona and their quest for the title. Basically the Blaugranas need to win every match left and Ream madrid needs to lose 3 points in their remaining matches.
After the outstanding showing versus Osasuna earlier this week, something similar can be expected from this match.
My main betting tip for Espanyol vs Barcelona is Over 3,5 match goals at evens.
BACK OVER 3,5 MATCH GOALS AT 1/1 WITH BET365
Free Betting Tips & Odds
Barcelona to win -2 Asian Handicap is 11/10 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 3,5 match goals is 1/1 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: yes is 19/20 at Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Luis Suarez to score 2 or more goals at 3/1 with Bet365.
What time does Espanyol vs Barcelona kick-off?
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) April 29, 2017
Anres iniesta will be out for the derby tonight against Espanyol with an injury. Find out more:
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) April 29, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017