Another London derby is on the cards as Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur kicks off tonight at 8.00 BST. The decor for this match will be a sold out Selhurst Park in London, one of the older stadiums left in English football.
Long time relegation candidate Crystal Palace is in the middle of a great run that actually should have saved their season already. Tottenham Hotspur comes off a 4-2 away defeat Chelsea for the FA Cup, but is again in full contention for the title after a couple of hick ups by leaders Chelsea recently.
Below you can find a match preview and and predictions of Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur, including our best free Premier League betting tips.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur Match Preview
The Eagles have pulled off their trademark end of season run, and are almost certainly avoiding relegation into the Championship. With 5 matches to go in this season Crystal Palace is 7 points clear from Swansea City, who are 18th in the table. A few more points and Big Sam Allardyce has completed his mission, getting out of relegation danger, after taking over in December from Alan Pardew. If they don’t manage to get anything from tonight’s match, the Eagles will have 2 more opportunities at home to collect their needed points as they are still hosting Burnley and Hull City.
Crystal Palace will tonight be without injured players Tomkins, Souaré, Dann and Wickham.
Tottenham Hotspur for a long time looked to be only fighting for second place at best, but with 2 losses in their last 4 matches Chelsea have opened the door again for Pochettino’s team. The Spurs are currently trailing leaders Chelsea by 4 points with 6 matches to go. A little worrying for the Spurs might be their record in away matches, only 6 wins from 15 matches shows Tottenham’s main weakness this season. Having fielded a full squad in their FA Cup tie with Chelsea during the weekend, Pochettino can only hope his players have both physically and mentally managed to digest their 4-2 loss.
The Spurs travel to Selhurst Park without the injured Vorm, Lamela and defenders Rose and Winks.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur Match Details
Teams: Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur
Competition: Premier League 2016/2017
Date: Tuesday, 26th April 2017
Kick off time: 20:00 BST / 21:00 CET
Stadium: Selhurst Park (London)
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur Line-Up Predictions
Crystal Palace: Hennessey; Tomkins, Kelly, Ward, Cabaye; Puncheon, Townsend, Milivojević; Zaha, Benteke, Schlupp.
Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris; Vertonghen, Walker, Alderweireld, Davies; Dembélé, Eriksen, Alli; Dier, Heung-Min Son; Kane.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur Betting Tips
- Crystal Palace has won 6 of its last 8 matches, and only 5 of their other 25 Premier League games in this season.
- The Eagles have scored more than once in 4 out of their last 5 Premier League 2016/2017 games.
- Both teams to score landed in 4 our of the last 5 matches Crystal Palace has played in the Premier League 2016/2017.
- The Eagles have kept a clean sheet in 1 of their last 5 Premier League matches.
- Crystal Palace only drew 1 of its last 15 matches in the Premier League 2016/2017.
- Tottenham Hotspur has lost only 1 of its last 17 matches in Premier League 2016/2017.
- The Spurs has won 6 of its 15 away matches in the the Premier League 2016/2017.
- Tottenham Hotspur has kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 10 league matches.
- The Spurs won 3-1 the last time both teams locked horns at Selhurst Park.
- Matches with Tottenham Hotspur involved have seen both teams to score land in 7 of their last 20 matches in all competitions.
- The last 15 times both teams have faced each other, the matches went under 2,5 match goals on 10 occasions.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur Betting Predictions
Tonight’s match is a rather tricky one to give one outstanding betting prediction or tip. In the preview I already stated Tottenham is pretty poor on the road, and also has a tough loss versus Chelsea to take care of. Palace is in an amazing run, and although the passion and fighting spirit counts for a lot, I can’t imagine they will get anything from this match. I do however think they will score. The Eagles put 2 past Liverpool, Leicester City, Arsenal and Chelsea most recently, and I believe they will put one past Lloris tonight as well.
One of my other betting tips for tonight is Christian Benteke to score anytime. The Belgian international striker is red hot and has hit the target in 4 of his last 5 matches.
My best betting tip for Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur:
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE IS 11/10 WITH BET365.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur Betting Odds
Tottenham to win is 8/13 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 2,5 match goals 4/7 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: no is 11/10 at Bet365.
Anytime Goals Scorer
Christian Benteke to score anytime: yes is 7/4 with Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Tottenham Hotspur to win 1-2 is 8/1 with Bet365.
Football statistics from Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur’s Match Record against Crystal Palace from Season 1906-07 to 2016-17
— My Football Facts (@myfootballfacts) April 26, 2017
Tottenham Hotspur coach Pochettino has stated in an interview with the BBC he has no fear of players leaving the club as his chairman secured him Tottenham doesn’t need the money. He was quoted saying: “The players that we want to keep, we will keep.”
"It'll be good for our fans, football people to see the behaviour of our players."
Mauricio wants a reaction to semi-final loss at Palace. pic.twitter.com/mdgC0J8RBe
— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) April 25, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017