Chelsea v Middlesbrough Predictions, Betting Tips & Preview – Premier League 2016/2017. Tonight at 20.00 BST Chelsea and Boro are scheduled to kick off. Venue for this match is Blues home ground Stamford Bridge in London.
On the back of the Tottenham Hotspurs loss at West Ham United last Friday, Chelsea will be looking to go 7 points clear with 3 matches left. A demoralized Middlesbrough will only be just another minor obstacle towards a title. Expect a Chelsea squad at full force on the hunt for goals.
Under here we have outlined our predictions and betting tips for Chelsea v Middlesbrough.
Chelsea v Middlesbrough Preview & Team News
The Chelsea players have had two days to sober up after celebrating Tottenham’s loss last Friday away at the Hammers. Let’s hope two days that was enough. Winning their home game versus Middlesbrough basically will bring the Blues their so much desired Premier League championship. And what a turn around it was this season for the Blues.
Who would have expected Antonio Conte to mold almost the same players as last season into the machine it has been all season. People said Chelsea needed an overhaul, but with just two great signings, David Luiz and N’Golo Kanté, Conte proved them wrong. The Italian actually made Mourinho look like a fool, allowing guys such as Moses a shot in the first team.
Antonio Conte can make use of an almost fully fit squad. David Luiz, T. Courtois and N. Kanté are doubts for tonight’s match. A late fitness test or even the warm-up will decide their presence tonight.
Boro is still fighting, although it should be clear by now it will all be in vain. A more than respectable performance versus Manchester City won them a point last weekend. I strongly doubt if that’s going to do it for Middlesbrough. The club is 7 points down with 3 matches to go. With a victory it will close the gap to 4 points with Swansea City, who sit in a ‘safe’ 17th place.
Steve Agnew will have not be able to field the injured G. Leadbitter, Víctor Valdés and Daniel Ayala.
Chelsea v Middlesbrough Predictions & Kick-off time
Teams: Chelsea v Middlesbrough
Competition: Premier League 2016/2017
Date: Monday, 8th May 2017
Kick off time: 20:00 BST / 21:00 CET
Stadium: Stamford Bridge (London)
Referee: Craig Pawson (England)
Chelsea: Courtois; Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta, Marcos Alonso; Moses, Matić, Hazard; Pedro, Kanté, Diego Costa.
Middlesbrough: Guzan; Friend, Daniel Ayala, Gibson, Chambers; Downing, Clayton, Forshaw; de Roon, Álvaro Negredo, Stuani.
Chelsea v Middlesbrough Betting Statistics
Statistics are the cornerstone of any prediction or in our case betting tips. Below you can find some of the most eye catching numbers:
- Chelsea lost once in their last 5 Premier League matches.
- The Blues have not drawn any home game this season the EPL: 14 wins and 2 losses.
- Both teams to score landed in the last 5 home games of the Blues in the Premier League 2016/2017.
- Chelsea has kept a clean sheet only once in their last 11 EPL matches.
- Diego Costa with 19 goals is Chelsea’s top goalscorer in the Premier League
- Middlesbrough must win to keep a chance of avoiding relegation.
- Boro has only won 1 away match in the Premier League 2016/2017.
- Middlesbrough has scored at least once in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Both teams to score came landed in 4 of the last 11 matches with Boro involved.
- Álvaro Negredo is Boro’s top goal scorer in the EPL with a total of 9.
- Middlesbrough has the worst attack in the Premier League with just 26 goals scored this season.
Chelsea v Middlesbrough Betting Predictions
This match is one of the easier ones for predictions and betting tips. Obviously Middlesbrough will never ever be able to cause any sort of trouble. Chelsea will be hungry like a pack of wolves, ready to devour any team served to them.
I can only see one bet, admitted a little short, for this match up. Chelsea will easily cruise past Boro. Score plenty of goals, and in the process will keep a clean sheet. Yes I’m aware Middlesbrough last week popped 2 past the City defense. I only rate Chelsea’s back line way higher than Manchester City’s.
Therefor my best betting tip or prediction is Chelsea to win to nil.
Free Betting Tips & Predictions
Chelsea to win to nil is 4/6 at Bet365.
Team Goals Predictions
Chelsea to score over 2,5 team goals is 8/11 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Predictions
Over 2,5 Match Goals and no Both Teams to Score is 7/4 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score Predictions
Both Teams to Score: no is 8/15 at Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Chelsea to win 3-0 is 11/2 with Bet365.
Congratulations to @nglkante, who has been voted the 2017 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers’ Association!
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) May 8, 2017
Already voted best player in the Premier League in 2014/2015, Belgian star Eden Hazard is back at his best. Watch here some of Eden Hazard’s best action and goals this season:
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017