Cardiff City versus Newcastle United will show how much Benitez and his team want to finish top of the Championship 2016/2017. With just a couple of games to go Newcastle can still take first spot but it highly depends how the Magpies have recovered from their celebrations.
The match kicks off at 7.45 BST and will be played at Cardiff City Stadium in Cardiff (Wales). Below you can read our preview, predictions and betting tips for Cardiff City vs Newcastle United.
Cardiff City vs Newcastle United Preview
Cardiff City will play its last home match of the season before they head into the summer break. Consider it a last opportunity to already sell some season tickets for the upcoming year. Cardiff has nothing to play for so no reason to just go out there and entertain its home crowd.
After a helping hand from Fulham, the Londoners won away at Huddersfield, the Magpies secured promotion to the Premier League. In front of a crazy Toon Army, Newcastle United easily pushed Preston aside with a 4-1 result.
Now they’re promoted, the Magpies can still challenge first spot in the standings, but it remains to be seen if everyone is already sobered up enough to give it a real go.
Expect Rafa Benitez to rotate his team around and allow some of his players some rest. Keep an eye out for the latest updates on Newcastle \united team news.
Cardiff City vs Newcastle United Match Details
Teams: Cardiff City vs Newcastle United
Competition: Championship 2016/2017
Date: Thursday, 28th April 2017
Kick off time: 19:45 BST / 20:45 CET
Stadium: Cardiff City Stadium (Cardiff)
Cardiff City vs Newcastle United Line-Up Predictions
Cardiff City: McGregor; Richards, Écuélé Manga, Morrison, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Halford; Harris, Hoilett, Zohore.
Newcastle United: Elliot; Yedlin, Mbemba, Clark, Dummett; Hayden, Colback; Diame, Murphy, Atsu, Ayoze Pérez.
Cardiff City vs Newcastle United Betting Tips
- Cardiff has not lost at home in their last 6 maches.
- In 8 of Cardiff’s last 15 matches both teams to score landed.
- Cardiff matches saw over 2,5 match goals land in 7 from their last 15 matches.
- Cardiff have scored at least once in 11 of their last 15 games.
- Newcastle United has not won in their last 4 away games.
- From the last 15 Newcastle matches, 10 times both teams to score came in.
- In the last 15 matches of Newcastle, over 2,5 match goals came in 9 times.
- Newcastle has scored at least once in 11 of their last 15 matches.
Cardiff City vs Newcastle United Betting Predictions
My prediction is that this match will see 3 or 4 goals, and that Newcastle United will not win. I can’t imagine after last weekends festivities that the Magpies will be all up for this match.
Cardiff is a decent team at home, and haven’t lost at Cardiff Stadium in their last 6 games. This also kind of proofs they still have the desire to win matches, although playing for nothing for some time now.
My best betting tip for Cardiff City vs Newcastle United:
BACK BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE AT 8/13 WITH BET365.
Cardiff City vs Newcastle United Betting Tips & Odds
Cardiff City or Draw at 4/5 with Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 2,5 match goals 8/11 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: yes is 8/13 at Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Cardiff to win 2-1 is 11/1 with Bet365.
Weather preview for Cardiff City vs Newcastle United
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) April 28, 2017
A compilation of some of the best goals Chris Wood has scored this season for Leeds United:
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017