Barcelona vs Juventus will be played tomorrow at 7.45pm (UK time) at the Camp Nou in Barcelona. For the second time in a month Barcelona will need to pull off something special to be able to advance into the semi finals of this year’s Champions League. The way Barcelona turned around a 4-0 loss in the away game versus Paris St. Germain in the previous round, is considered one of the the greatest come backs in football. The Blaugrana will need to duplicate this Houdini act to advance into the semi finals.
Juventus is in a position they absolutely love, defending their 3-0 lead. Allegri can stick to his favorite plan, which means Juventus can lean on its defense and abuse every single square meter Barcelona will leave unmarked.
Barcelona vs Juventus Betting Tips, Preview, Predictions and a Champions League Preview can be found below, including line-ups and kick-off time.
Barcelona vs Juventus Match Preview
Barcelona’s season will largely depend on the results of their two upcoming matches. First off tonight Messi and his team mates need to pull a rabbit from their hat and turn a 3-0 deficit around versus Juventus. On Sunday the Blaugranas will have to travel to Madrid to face Real in El Clasico to save their LaLiga season and stay in the race for the title.
The biggest challenge Barcelona will face tonight is not so much scoring 3 goals, but keeping it closed at the back. In the first leg of this quarter final in the Champions League Barcelona proved it can create a lot of big chances against the Juventus defense. It is a miracle that especially Luis Suarez didn’t hit the target a couple times. Even a club like Barcelona with the best strikers on the planet in their line up sometimes fails to score.
Tonight Barcelona will have to deal with the absence of Rafinha and Aleix Vidal. Mascherano and Arda Turan are still unclear and will be evaluated at a later stage.
Juventus is cruising to their 6th consecutive title in the Serie A, 8 points clear from AS Roma with 6 matches to go. The team from Turin is also still in the mix to win the Coppa Italia, in which they most recently overcame Napoli. Advancing into the semi finals of the Champions League would be the icing on the cake for Allegri and his team.
One of the things I really respect about Juventus is their transfer policy. Often selling their best players and almost always getting comparatively cheap but top players in return. Admitted they had to pay heavily for a 29-year old and not totally fit Higuain, but this is an exception. I think about players such as Khedira, Mandžukić, Dani Alves or Evra who were bench players or not needed any more at their previous clubs.
Expect Juventus to defend tonight. Let Barcelona make the game and strike back via fast counter attacks. If Juventus could, they would always play this way, unfortunately for the Italians in the Serie A they often find even more defensive opponents.
Juventus looks to be able to table a full squad of fit players. The only slight worry Allegri might have is Dybala, who picked up a minor injury in last weekend’s match versus Pescara.
Barcelona vs Juventus Predicted Line Ups
Barcelona: ter Stegen; Mascherano, Alba, Piquet, S. Umtiti; Rakitić, Busquets, Iniesta; Suarez, Messi, Neymar.
Juventus: Buffon; Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro, Dani Alves; Pjanić, Khedira, Cuadrado; Higuaín, Dybala, Mandžukić.
Barcelona vs Juventus Betting Tips
- No team has ever made a come back from a 3-0 deficit in the Champions League.
- Barcelona has roached the quarter final of the Champions League for a record 10th year in a row.
- Barcelona have scored 3 or more goals in 4 of their 9 Champions League matches in this season.
- Barcelona has kept a clean sheet in 4 of their 9 Champions League matches in 2016/2017.
- Barcelona has lost 3 of their last 6 matches in this year’s Champions League.
- The last time both teams met at Camp Nou was in 2003, when Juventus took home a 1-2 victory.
- Barcelona have won all its Champions League matches at Camp Nou since Enrique took over as coach. The Blaugranas scored 50 and conceded 7 goals in these 15 matches.
- Juventus has scored at least 1 goal in their last 8 Champions League matches.
- Juventus has kept a clean sheet in 7 of all 9 Champions League matches this season.
- Juventus has not conceded a goal in their last 441 minutes of play time.
- Juventus is unbeaten in the Champions League 2016/2017 season so far.
- Juventus has won all of its 4 away matches in this year’s Champions League.
- Juventus has only conceded 1 goal in all of their 4 away matches in the Champions league 2016/2017.
- In 3 out of the last 4 times Barcelona and Juventus met, Both Teams to Score landed.
Barcelona vs Juventus Betting Predictions
Since Barcelona has to score at least three goals to get on par with Juventus, and since Enrique’s men have done something similar less than a month ago, goals are expected. Add to this that Juventus has scored at least once in their last 34 matches, and goals seem to almost be a certainty. The only statistic that counters the expectation for goals is the fact that Juventus only had to eat 1 goal in their last 4 away matches in the Champions League this season.
The most recommended bet for the Barcelona vs Juventus match is for Both Teams to Score to come in.
I still can’t believe Luis Suarez wasn’t on the score sheet in the first leg, and expect him to get revenge tonight. Expect the former Ajax and Liverpool striker to at least find the net once, and I put a small stake on him to knock in at least a brace.
Free Betting Tips
Barcelona to win 4/7 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: yes 8/15 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Over 2,5 match goals is 4/9 at Bet365.
Barcelona to win 3-1 at 10/1 with Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Luis Suarez to score 2 or more goals is 3/1 with Bet365.
Barcelona vs Juventus could be Luis Enrique’s last Champions League match for a while since he has announced he will take a sabatical after this season. In an interview with the official Barcelona website, Enrique looks ahead of the Juventus match and expresses his hope for “bouncing Camp Nou”.
Barcelona just released news via Twitter about Javier Mascherano’s availability for tonight’s match versus Juventus:
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) April 19, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017