Manchester United vs Anderlecht will be played tonight at Old Trafford in Manchester. The second leg in the quarter finals of the Europa League is scheduled to kick off at 8.05pm (UK time). Anderlecht travels to England in an attempt to defend their 1-1 home draw forcing them to score at least a goal. Manchester United will be looking to keep their Champions League dream alive, either via a top 4 spot in the Premier League, or via the Europa League. To do so, the Mancunians will have to win the Europa League.
Manchester United vs Anderlecht Betting Tips, Preview, Predictions and a Champions League Preview can be found below, including line-ups and kick-off time.
Manchester United vs Anderlecht Match Preview
Manchester United Europa League Preview
Jose Mourinho has already stated often enough how important the Europa League is to him. Apart from winning a prize with Manchester United, it will grant the Mancunians a direct entry into next year’s Champions League. Since finishing in a top 4 position in the English Premier League will be a very tough task, the Portuguese considers winning the Europa League his best chance of making it into the pinnacle of European top football.
Based upon their recent form, only 1 loss in their last 18 matches, things are looking bright for Manchester United. Like with all of his clubs, Jose Mourinho has his defense sorted out pretty decently. The team doesn’t eat many goals, and for tonight’s match versus Anderlecht it will be all about concentration. If the back four are focused, a clean sheet is enough to proceed and should be on the cards for the Mancunians.
An extra motivation for Manchester United to win the Europa League should be the potential departure of Zlatan Ibrahimovic in case the club doesn’t qualify for the Champions League season. It is a known secret the Swede will make a move, probably to the USA, if the Mancunians won’t be active at Europe’s highest football platform next season.
Tonight Manchester United will have little real in jury problems apart from Juan Mata. The Spanish midfielder will not be fit enough to be part of the squad. Smalling, Jones and are also out indefinite. Rooney is a little uncertain although it is believed he will be part of the squad, and will start as a bench player.
Anderlecht Europa League Preview
Anderlecht are league leaders in Belgium and look to finish a good season on a high. With a squad that has predominantly foreign players, last weekend versus KV Oostende only 3 Belgians were in the starting line-up, Weiler has built a strong and balanced collective. The team doesn’t lose very often, has a solid defense and a decent attack, led by youngster Youri Tielemans.
Tonight’s away game at Old Trafford certainly is Anderlecht’s biggest match of the season so far, and their biggest hope is the fact that Manchester United struggles to win matches at home. But for starters Anderlecht will have to score at least 1 goal tonight, after Mkhitaryan managed to find the net for United in the first leg.
It remains to be seen if they can use their number 1 goalie Ruben. Anderlecht coach Weiler stated in an interview that the Spanish goal keeper didn’t train the last days and is very doubtful. Mile Svilar, 17 years old, could be replacing him. We will keep you up to date on other Anderlecht injury news.
Manchester United vs Anderlecht Predicted Line Ups
Manchester United: Romero; Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Carrick; Valencia, Mkhitaryan, Pogba; Lingard, Ibrahimović, Rashford.
Anderlecht: Rubén; Obradović, Nuytinck, Mbodji, Appiah; Stanciu, Bruno, Dendoncker; Tielemans, Thelin, Acheampong.
Manchester United vs Anderlecht Betting Tips
- Manchester United has only lost 2 of their last 36 matches in all competitions.
- Manchester United has lost 2 from their 11 matches in the Europa League 2016/2017.
- Manchester United have scored at least once in 10 of 11 Europa League matches this season.
- Manchester United have scored at least once in 34 out of their last 37 matches in all competitions.
- Manchester United has kept a clean sheet in 6 of their 11 Europa League matches. and in 10 of their last 18 matches in all competitions.
- Manchester United has kept a clean sheet in 10 of their last 18 matches in all competitions.
- Anderlecht has scored at least 1 goal in 12 of their last 13 matches.
- Anderlecht has scored at least 1 goal in 9 of their last 10 away matches in all competitions.
- Anderlecht has kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 9 matches.
- Anderlecht has lost just 1 away match in the Europa League this season.
- Anderlecht has lost 4 of their last 26 matches in all competitions.
- Anderlecht matches in the Europa League saw both teams to score land in 8 out of 13 times.
- In all 3 times Manchester United and Anderlecht met, Both Teams to Score landed.
Manchester United vs Anderlecht Betting Predictions
My betting prediction is that it will be a low scoring match in which Manchester United, similar to the first leg, will have all the possession. As they do now for several years, the Red Devils will control the ball and it is mainly up to Anderlecht to push for goals. Although Anderlecht managed to score in their away matches against clubs such as St. Etienne, Mainz and Zenit St. Petersburg, I can’t see Anderlecht making life really hard for United, especially at Old Trafford.
Expect a low scoring match in which Manchester United will manage to keep a clean sheet. My prediction is a rather boring 2-0 victory for Jose Mourinho’s men.
Free Betting Tips and Europa League Predictions
Manchester United to win 1/4 at Bet365.
Both Teams to Score
Both Teams to Score: no 4/6 at Bet365.
Goals Over/Under Prediction
Under 2,5 match goals is 27/10 at Bet365.
Manchester United to win 2-0 at 5/1 with Bet365.
Long Shot Betting Tip
Paul Pogba to score any time is 7/4 with Bet365.
What time does Manchester united vs Anderlecht kick-off?
Today's the day!
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) April 20, 2017
Marcus Rashford has been taking all important free kicks recently for Manchester United, Jose Mourinho gives an explanation in a match preview on the official Manchester United website:
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) April 20, 2017
Find here a clip with the full press conference of Jose Mourinho ahead of the second leg in the quarter finals of the Europa League between Manchester United and Anderlecht:
- Ajax v Manchester United: Betting Tips & Predictions – UEFA Europa League Final - May 23, 2017
- Ajax coach Peter Bosz gets tips from current Man Utd employee Louis van Gaal – Europa League Final Predictions - May 22, 2017
- Ajax v Manchester United Goalscorer Betting Tips: Justin Kluivert following into dad’s footsteps? - May 20, 2017